Work with at least one other partner to play this game. Each group will need one pair of dice.
Optional Rule: If a player rolls doubles then they can subtract the sum of the dice rolled from one of their opponent's scores.
Be sure to record your score throughout the game as well as the calculations that you used to earn all of your points.
1. Did you use addition or multiplication most often when combining the numbers on the dice? Why do you think so?
2. What did you notice about your choice to use addition? When did you find it most useful?
3. Double your final score. What is the result?
4. Compare your doubled score to your opponent’s. Who’s is larger? Why?
5. Is there an easy way to multiply your original score by 20 now that you know the value of your original score when doubled? Explain.
6. Compare with a friend! How were your explanations to question 5 different? How were they the same?
7. Find the value of your original score when it is multiplied by 20.
8. Could you use the same method to find the value of your original score multiplied by 200? What about 2000? If so, what are those values?